Heavy Combination Truck Licence Course

A (HC) Heavy Combination Truck Licence allows you to drive any articulated truck with three or more axles. Eg a prime mover with a single semi-trailer, or a heavy rigid vehicle towing a single trailer with a GVM greater than 9 tonnes.

Different courses are available for Automatic/Synchromesh equipped trucks and also the constant mesh (“road ranger” or “crash box”) equipped trucks.

HC Truck Licence Course Duration

1-Day and 2-Day Courses Available

Call to Book now:

There are two types of HC Courses. The Automatic/Manual course and the Constant Mesh (also known as “Road Ranger” or “Crash Box”)

Course Outline

  • Pre-operational check and cabin drill
  • Start, move off, shut down and secure
  • Management of: steering, gears, brakes and accelerator
  • Create, maintain and protect crash avoidance space
  • Application of road rules and directions
  • Reversing and parking
  • Hill stop and Hill start
  • Load securing
  • Final competency assessment
  • Trailer coupling and uncoupling

Heavy Combination Truck Licence Requirements

  • To enrol in the Heavy Combination Licence Course, all participants must:
  • Must have held a MR or HR Class Licence for a minimum period of 12 Months
  • Must not be on a provisional driver licence (ie. Red P's or Green P's)
  • Successfully complete the HC Driver Knowledge Test (DKT) at any Service NSW branch.

Course Duration

  • The Heavy Combination Licence Course is performed as either a 1-Day or a 2-Day Course. Throughout this course, each student will receive:
  • A minimum of 7 Hours of 1-on-1 Training
  • Breaks for Morning Tea & Lunch
  • A Final Competency Assessment (FCA)

How To Book Your Licence Course

Call To Make A Booking

Book Online

Jobs that require an HC Licence

Holding a Heavy Combination Licence makes you eligible for the the most in demand Truck Licence Jobs. In addition to this, you are also able to work as a LR, MR or HR Truck Driver.

These jobs are usually High Paying Truck Driving Jobs that will have you working either local or interstate, sometimes you will even have the option to work both!

  • Some jobs that will require you to hold a HR Licence are:
  • Truck and Dog Driver
  • Linehaul Driver
  • Large Car Carrier Driver
  • Taut-liner Driver
  • Sideloader / Container Driver
  • Low Loader Driver